2013年10月22日星期二

Coasters Made From Wood Slices

balsa

The kids and I had a go at making our own wooden coasters. I got the idea here at design sponge. The ones they made are just a little more fancy.
balsa

balsa

The kids love this kind of activity. I got them to draw out their design directly onto the wood in light pencil and then they painted it in. We decided on a color palette before beginning otherwise they tend put every color in. After making these I thought we should have just stuck to red and white and made some valentine's decorations. Oh well, next time.
balsa

My son got his first set of acrylic paints for his birthday last year and they are perfect for projects like this one.
balsa

I bought the wood slices on Etsy, here. Next step is to polish them and I think we'll use beeswax polish because it is so easy with little ones.

没有评论:

发表评论